Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Edible Volcano

Hello dear friends! I am so sorry that I haven't been on in what seems to be ages! Things around here have been crazy with welcome back to school teacher handouts (soon to come). But I have come back with a bang! I made this volcano about a couple weeks ago and it was a hit! A couple of weeks ago the youth of our church had a Hawaiian theme and I was asked to make this little thing! I am so happy with the way it came out!

All I did to this was get a piece of wood and attached a piece o f PVC pipe to it about 1 1/2 ft tall. Then I made about 10 batches of rice krispe treats. I let the rice krispes cool and then I formed it to the PVC pipe. I let the structure dry over night so it would be nice and hard to decorate. I used buttercream icing for the brown, green and grey colors. and then I used a powered sugar glaze to the "lava" I used the glaze because it is somewhat shinier. After all the is said and done I used pretzel rods for the trees and fondant for the tree tops. I also made a couple fondant rocks for decoration. To top off the volcano I bought some dry ice for a local ice shack and put it in the PVC pipe with water for the smoking affect. The little umbrellas are on top of cupcakes that were placed around the volcano. I hope you enjoy my little project! Comment please! Love you all! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment